Whether you are a brand new shop or one that has been around for several years, it is crucial as the owner of your business to regularly show customer appreciation.
- Simplicity. While fancy dinners and gifts are great for those loyal customers, a simple message, text, or email goes a long way.
- Spontaneity. The best thank you’s are random, spontaneous, and most special when least expected. Spend 15 minutes a week writing five handwritten notes to unknowing customers.
- Uniqueness. Make sure your customers know exactly why you are thankful for them. Get in touch regarding a special event or even a specific order they placed, but be sure the message is directly shaped for them.
- Inclusivity. Use social media to give shout outs to large groups or your entire customer base. Use texts, emails, phone calls, and letters for specific people.
- Promptness. Don’t wait months after a customer’s order to send them a thank you note. For example, post-wedding thank you cards that arrive a year later look silly—don't be that guy!