The holiday season isn't far off and getting ahead of the marketing game before chaos ensues is your best bet. Here are five things you should know about marketing this holiday season:
- It is estimated that 39 percent of consumers will make a purchase online this year, with 49 percent using a mobile device to browse and make purchasing decisions. Make sure your web site is ready and optimized for the mobile traffic.
- It is estimated that 49 percent of consumers will do their shopping on or before Cyber Monday. While the popular Black Friday and Cyber Monday are still great dates for targeting your audience, have your marketing plans in motion well before that weekend arrives.
- Free shipping is the second most important factor consumers take into consideration when ordering online.
- Email marketing is the leading form of online marketing during the holidays.
- During the holidays 50 percent of online consumers will decide not to make a purchase if they are not given an estimate of the delivery time. Make sure your turnaround time and delivery terms are clear and easy to find along with last day to order dates.
Find more marketing, business, and social media tips from "Rags" here.