Try these six actionable steps to become a more eco-friendly shop.
- Use water-based table adhesives for the platens instead of spray.
- Try to avoid emulsion hardeners. It makes it much harder to reclaim screens, which means more water.
- Purchase from local suppliers rather than sources farther away to reduce emissions and shipping resources.
- Scrap as much ink from the screen after use to keep excess ink out of the wastewater.
- Use an ink that doesn't air dry but can be reused indefinitely until it is gone.
- Try to reuse dirty squeegees by saving them for the next job with like colors. This allows you to skip the cleaning process and reduce the use of chemicals.