ink reducer

Term of the Week: Reducer

Each week Printwear turns to industry experts to learn more about the terms used in the apparel and apparel decoration industry, as well as the business realm. Contact Printwear's digital content editor, Alexandria Arroyo, if you're interested in the opportunity to be featured. 

When referring to plastisols, an ink reducer is an additive used to lower the viscosity of the ink, which makes it easier to print, especially through high mesh. It can also produce a print with a softer hand. In general, there are two types of ink reducers: curable reducer and plasticizer.