How-To: Appliqué Embroidery
On this episode of Embroidery Hub, Manny Torres, Ricoma's customer success specialist, goes over how to perform appliqué embroidery using an embroidery machine.
Items you'll need:
- Fabric used for the appliqué
- Garment to embroider on (i.e. T-shirt)
- Adhesive spray
- Digitize designs for appliqué and set machine to automatic/manual mode
- Perform a basic hooping on the garment to be embroidered
- Apply adhesive spray liberally to back of appliqué fabric
- Press fabric flat on the T-shirt (or other garment)
- Position garment and trace the design
- Remove hooped garment and cut away excess material
- Return hooped garment and finish with satin stitch
- Be careful not to move or alter the machine when returning the hooped garment, as it will lose registration
For the additional embroidery tutorial mentioned in the video, click here.