Working with High-Density 3D Ink
BELLA + CANVAS teams up with Eagle Promotions to show printers how to create an effect with high-density ink. High-density ink is a thicker ink that can be layered on to create a dimensional effect with more detail.
Things to know:
- It can offer a faux stitched or appliqué look
- Extra texture can be added through foils or glitters
- Screens must be stretched properly to achieve the correct height and definition for a job
- Anywhere from a 250- to 400-micron level screen is used with high-density inks
- Preciseness and practice are the keys to HD success
- Flashing occurs at a higher temperature due to the thickness of the ink
- Drying also occurs at a higher temperature (380–400 degrees F) for the same reason
Find more BELLA + CANVAS decoration videos here.